Dymo LabelWriter Wireless - Connecting the Printer to your Wireless Network
2 CommentsThursday, 21 September 2017 | Tech Support
Connecting the Printer to your Wireless Network
Determine the wireless connection method to use to connect the printer to your wireless network. Refer to the documentation that came with your router or access point to determine the connection methods supported.
You can quickly connect the printer to your wireless network in several ways:
- using the Wireless Protected Setup (WPS) button
- using the Quick Setup wizard in the LabelWriter Web Configuration utility installed on the printer
Connecting the Printer using WPS
If your router supports WPS, you can quickly connect the Labelwriter wireless printer to your secure network without entering the network name and password. Refer to the documentation that came with your router to determine if WPS is supported.
To use the WPS button
- Press the WPS button on the back of the printer. The wireless status light on the side of the printer will glow.
- Press the WPS button on your router within two minutes. When the printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, the wireless status light is on and no longer glowing.
To connect using a WPS pin code, see Getting a WPS Pin Code.
Connecting the Printer using the Quick Setup Wizard
Make sure you have the password or credentials needed to connect the printer to your wireless network. If you are not sure, contact your wireless network administrator.
If you are connecting the printer to a corporate or enterprise network, contact your wireless network administrator for assistance.
To use the Quick Setup wizard
- After the printer has been turned on for a few seconds, on your computer connect to the wireless network named DYMOLWWxxxxxx. This unique printer name can be found on the bottom of the printer. Your computer has now dropped the connection to your wireless network and established a wireless connection to the printer.
- In your web browser, enter the following URL: http://192.168.58.1 The Web Configuration utility will open in your browser displaying the login page.
- Log in to the LabelWriter Web Configuration utility using the following:
• Username: admin
• Password: admin
- Follow the wizard to connect the printer to your wireless network.
• Printer name - You have the option of changing the default printer name to something that is more meaningful on your network.
• Connection method - DHCP is recommended. If you choose Static, you will need to have all of the network details to configure the printer on your network.
• Wireless network - Click Connect next to the wireless network that you want the printer connected to. See Connecting to a Wireless Network for more information.
When the printer is successfully connected to your wireless network, the Wireless status light on the side of the printer is solid on.
- Make a note of the IP address assigned to the printer so that you can access the Web Configuration utility in the future. Once the printer is connected to your wireless network, your computer’s wireless connection to the printer is dropped and your computer should automatically reconnect to your wireless network. If you encounter connection issues, check to make sure your computer has reconnected to your wireless network.