How to perform a self-test on a Labelwriter 300 series label printer
Performing a self test can help you determine if the print head in the LabelWriter is functioning properly. During the self test, the LabelWriter will print labels with varying line patterns. Broken lines or gaps on the label during the self test can indicate a problem with the LabelWriter.
LabelWriter with a Power Switch
- Turn off the LabelWriter using the power switch located on the back. Ensure labels are loaded in the LabelWriter.
- Press and hold down on the form feed button.
- As you're holding down on the form feed button, turn on the LabelWriter.
- Once the green light appears, immediately let go of the form feed button.
- The LabelWriter should now be in a self test mode, printing labels with a line pattern.
- Pressing the form feed button during the self test will change the line pattern printed on the label.
To end the self test, press the form feed button. The self test will not end automatically, you must press the form feed button to end the self test.
LabelWriter 300 Series Without Power Switch
- Press and hold down on the form feed button for about 5 seconds.
- During this period, the green light will turn off and turn back on again.
- Once the green light re-appears, immediately let go of the form feed button.
- The LabelWriter should now be in a self test mode, printing labels with varying line patterns.
If the LabelWriter feeds out labels with broken lines or gaps during the self test, please try the following:
- Each LabelWriter is shipped with a cleaning card. Feed the cleaning card through the LabelWriter. This will help to clean the internal mechanism. If for any reason you do not have this cleaning card, you may purchase them directly from DYMO using the following part number: 60622. Afterwards, re-try the self test.
- Replace the label stock with new DYMO labels and re-try the self test.
- If the problem persists, please contact DYMO Technical Support to arrange a Return Material Authorization (RMA).