How to clean a Dymo LabelWriter DUO
If you are having image quality issues on a LabelWriter DUO printer, please try the following:
- Unplug the printer from the computer (USB). Leave the power cord attached.
- Pull up the lid and remove the labels
- Then you take off the front cover of the printer
- Be gentle when you remove the front cover of the printer
- When the front cover is off, use the cleaning card that comes with the machine or a business card with some pure alcohol on it and run this through the machine a few times. If the machine is dirty, you will see the card become black. Run another one or through until the printer is cleaned.
- When done, put the front cover back on.
- Make sure that the front cover is flush on all sides. You should hear a small click when you have attached the front back on and it's flush on all sides.
- Plug in the printer again and try to print a label
and for the cassette part:
- Open the lid where the cassette is located. There should be a brush on the inside.
- Remove the cassette from the machine
- Remove the brush and dip it in some rubbing alcohol, make sure it's damp, not dripping wet.
- Clean the print head with the brush and if the brush becomes black, just use the other side of it.
- When used up, then you can use a cotton tipped brush or tops to clean with.
- Make sure nothing is stuck on the roller opposite the print head. This roll should be white.
- You can also clean the printers knife using the brush, if needed. Do note that the knife is very sharp.
The sensors should also be cleaned with a piece of dry cloth (no alcohol).