Fixing a jammed cutter on a Dymo Rhino 6000
23 CommentsFriday, 6 June 2014 | Sales
If you experience a jammed cutter on a Rhino 6000 Industrial Label Printer, try the following steps:
- Switch off the printer
- Press and hold the cut key and switch the device back on
- The message "CUT TEST" should be displayed on the device's display
- Press and hold the "shift" key and press the cut key. The cutter should move in little steps.
- Try cleaning anything around the blade that might have caused the jam
- After cleaning the cutter blade, press the "cut" key to return the cutter blade to its normal position.
KEEP FINGERS CLEAR OF THE BLADE AT ALL TIMES.
Also, once un-jammed, use the yellow tipped brush inside the tape compartment, dipped in some kind of sugar free alcohol solution, to clean the cutter. This will remove any sticky residue on the blade that may have transferred from some of the tape.