Troubleshooting: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation - Dymo Label Software for LabelWriter [solution]
1 CommentSunday, 11 October 2015 | Tech Support
If you get any kind of error that says "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation" then the issue is likely a problem with the .NET framework installed on your PC.
As the Dymo Label Software is dependent on .NET Framework 3.5, it is possible that the error you are experiencing is in relation to this. In the first instance try the following solution:
- Disconnect the LabelWriter from the PC
- Download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.
- Allow the tool to apply its recommended settings.
- Once the repair is finished, reboot the computer.
- Re-install the Dymo Label Software, reconnect the Labelwriter when prompted