Dymo LabelWriter Wireless - Connecting the Printer to a Different Network
Connecting the Wireless Labelwriter to a Different Network
When moving the printer to a new wireless network, you will need to connect the printer to that new network. You can do this in several ways:
- Using the WPS button. See Connecting the Printer using WPS.
- Resetting the printer to factory default settings by pressing the RESET button on the back of the printer and then using the Quick Setup wizard. See Connecting the Printer using the Quick Setup Wizard.
- From your computer, connecting to the printer in access point mode and using the Web Configuration utility on the printer. See the instructions below.
You will need to connect the printer to the new network each time you move the printer. The printer does not ‘remember’ networks it was previously connected to.
To use the Web Configuration utility to connect to a new network
- Move the printer to the new location.
- If not already on, turn on the printer’s access point. Refer to Managing the Printer’s Access Point.
- Connect to the wireless network named DYMOLWWxxxxxx (or the name you have previously assigned to the printer).
- From your browser, open the Web Configuration utility by entering:
- Username: admin
- Password: admin (or a custom password that you have assigned)
- Select Wireless connection from the menu.
- Select the network you wish to add the printer to and click Connect.
The printer is now available on the new network.
If you are having problems with your Dymo Labelwriter Wireless printer please go to www.dymo.com and contact Dymo Technical Support.