Dymo LabelWriter Wireless - Caring for Your Printer
Caring for Your Printer
The LabelWriter printer is designed to give you long and trouble-free service, while requiring very little maintenance. You will get the best possible performance from your LabelWriter printer if you follow the setup instructions that appear in Getting Started on page 10, and the cleaning procedures described in this section.
To keep your LabelWriter printer working properly, you should clean it from time to time. Dusting the outside of the printer occasionally will help keep foreign matter from getting inside the printer. However, it is still a good idea to periodically perform some basic interior maintenance, such as cleaning the label path with a LabelWriter cleaning card (available from the Dymo Shop).
You can easily clean your LabelWriter printer using the following items:
- Lint-free cloth.
- Diluted dishwashing detergent or diluted glass cleaner. If you use glass cleaner, make sure it does not contain ammonia.
- Small, soft brush, such as a tooth brush or child’s paint brush.
- LabelWriter cleaning card to clean the print head.
To clean the exterior of your printer and the label roll compartment
- Remove the roll of labels.
- Turn the power off and disconnect the power cord.
- Use the lint-free cloth to wipe the exterior of the printer.
- Remove dirt and smudges with one of the cleaning solutions mentioned above.
- Lift the top cover.
- Use a small, soft brush or cotton swab to whisk away paper dust and other stray particles from the inside of the printer.
- Reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer.
- If you have a LabelWriter cleaning card, follow the instructions printed on cleaning card packaging.
- Reload the roll of labels and carefully close the top cover.
If you are having problems with your Dymo Labelwriter Wireless printer please go to www.dymo.com and contact Dymo Technical Support.