Download: Dymo SDK for Mac
1 CommentFriday, 9 May 2014 | Tech Support
Download Dymo SDK for Mac: DLS8Setup.18.104.22.1683.dmg
This release adds support for Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion). This release is mandatory, earlier releases will NOT work on 10.7.
Here is some technical information describing the underlying changes in DLS and the printer drivers:
- In 10.7 Apple discontinued the Tioga printer driver architecture which had been in use since the initial release of Mac OS X 10.0. The only driver architecture supported in 10.7 is CUPS. DLS prior to 8.3.1. includes Tioga drivers, while DLS 8.3.1 includes both Tioga (for Mac OS X 10.5 and 10.6) and CUPS (for 10.7) drivers.
- Apple discontinued WebKit-style Safari plugins. This does not affect DLS itself, but does affect DYMO SDK users. There are two scenarios where SDK users are affected:
So, if you are a developer integrating DYMO printers on Mac platform, here are the steps to make sure your application works on 10.7:
- tell users to update to DLS 8.3.1
- if your application is a web application:
- make sure to use the latest version of the library available (1.2)
If you are experiencing problems with installing or using the printer try these steps:
- Unplug printer's USB cable
- Replug printer's USB cable
If the problem persists, please contact DYMO Tech Support
Update Regarding LabelWriter 3xx Series Printers on Mac OS 10.7
DYMO LabelWriter 3xx series printers are not supported on Mac OS X 10.7. We dropped support for technical reasons - starting with 10.7 the Tioga driver system that DYMO drivers have always used is no longer supported by Apple. So we switched to CUPS drivers, and these do not work with the older 300 series hardware.