Sharing a LabelWriter on a Windows Network (from a Windows 7 PC)
Wednesday, 18 January 2012 | Admin
The easiest way to share a Dymo Labelwriter 450 series printer over a network is to use the new Dymo Print Server. However, these are quite expensive and you can use the built in features of MS Windows to share the printer instead.
Just follow these steps:
- Make sure the LabelWriter has been installed correctly on the PC where the LabelWriter is physically connected to.
- Install the Dymo Label Software on that PC.
- Makes sure the LabelWriter prints without any problems on that PC.
Once you've confirmed that the LabelWriter is working correctly, you can share it on your Windows Network by taking these steps:
- Open the Printers folder using one of these methods (depending on configuration):
Start > Devices & Printers or Start > Control Panel > Devices & Printers
- Right-click on the LabelWriter printer you wish to share and select Printer Properties > Sharing, click "share this printer" and enter a unique name
- On the network workstation, install the Dymo Label Software. When prompted to choose a connection type, select Network/LAN and follow the on-screen instructions.
You should now be able to print from the networked PC.